This is a great idea for any party. So I thought I would give a tutorial to make this project easier for you than it was for me. I had to figure the whole thing out myself without any help. So I hope you have fun with this one. My family sure did.
- 5 extra large card board boxes
- Glue gun w/glue sticks
- 1 pint- hot rod red paint
- Craft paint- yellow, black, white, and grey
- Get about Five Extra Large boxes. Arrange them until they look just about like the below photo. You can add a box on top of another for the front.
2. Use a knife to cut out the doors, flaps and windows to your liking.
3. Use a hot glue gun and glue to fasten boxes and extra pieces together. Add a folded over piece of cardboard to the top to make the lights with.
4. Draw where the ladder, lights, windows, and dials are going to be painted. Then paint the red around the outlines. Also you can just go to your hardware store a pick up a pint of hot rod red. Its cheaper than buying all that craft paint. And it dry’s just as fast.
5. When you get the red all painted on. Go ahead and paint the accent areas. Make sure to outline the lights, grid, and other accent areas to give it a nice clean effect.
This is what it looks like from the back. To help give you some ideas of what you could do.
Let me know if you have any questions. I should get back to you with in just a few short day. Hope you have fun with this one.
SHARE THIS STORY