I’ve got strawberries coming out my ears right now and I’m loving it! Strawberries are one of my favorite flavors so bring it on. This bread pudding is perfect if you are a strawberry chocolate lover like myself and this is even great for as a left over and also having as a breakfast food.
Pre-heat oven to 350 f.
1/4 c. flour
1 8oz pkg. cream cheese (room temp)
1 c. fresh or frozen strawberries (pureed)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. strawberry jam
3/4 c. sugar
5-6 pieces of wheat bread
1/4 c. chocolate syrup
Pam baking spray
1. Spray bottom of large/medium baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl add eggs, cream cheese, flour, vanilla, and sugar. Mix on high until well blended and creamy. Split mixture between two bowls. In one bowl add pureed strawberries and the jam to the mixture. In the other bowl add 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Set bowls aside.
2. Break up break slices into large chunks and spread evenly on bottom of baking pan.
3. Pour half of the strawberry mixture on top of the bread layer, than pour half of the chocolate mixture onto that, repeat by pouring the remaining strawberry mixture ontop of the chocolate mixuture followed by the remaining chocolate mixture. Use a butter knife to lightly swirl around the two mixtures for a marble effect.
4. Bake in oven for 1 hr and 15 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
Serve hot or cold, topped with chocolate syrup and fresh strawberries.