This is the perfect kids craft if you are needing to keep your kids busy for hours! These little interlocking houses cost next to nothing and have endless possibilities. Your kids will love making them and you will love watching thier imaginations go to work.
My oldest son wanted to make a “Spy House” full of secret passage ways, cool tecknology, traps and spy equipment. My youngest son wanted to make a haunted castle with a dungeon, kings room, garden and a draw bridge. I was thinking about making a Spiderman city scape with this interlocking design or a tree house in a jungle. There are so many ways to go with this and girls will love it to.
- Large cardboard box (per house)
- sciscors (I found a kitchen knife works best for carving these out)
- craft paint
- markers (optional)
- Cut out two of the biggest sides to the cardboard boxes while your kids are deciding what they want to make.
- The two sides need to be about the same size. You need to fid the middle and cut a slit halfway down the middle of the cardboard from top to middle. On the second piece cut your slit from the bottom to the middle. The two pieces should now be able to interlock and stand up.
- Have your kids mark out the pieces and doors they want you to cut out.
- I had my kids just paint their buildings a solid color and then go over it when they were done with markers for the details. But you can have your kids decorate these any way they want.
I hope you and your kids have lots of fun with these. My oldest son kept adding more and more to his spy house for days. I just love this open ended craft and will probably be making them again next summer or even sooner.
SHARE THIS STORY