We have been making this cake for years because we love it so much. The batter alone is hard to stop tasting because it could be frosting, it taste so good! When baked it has a lovely sugary crust that is not too sweet and the whole cake is just this dense buttery goodness.
I love that this is a bunt size recipe so it makes plenty for larger groups. I make this cake a lot when I am bringing someone a treat because there is plenty to giveaway and still have some for my own family. Its also really easy to make especially if you have a Kitchen Aid, because you can just add one ingredient at a time until it is all mixed without having to do any really fancy steps or techniques.
This also makes the perfect cake if you want to fancy it up with some strawberries and whip cream or other garnishes. Its also good just plain.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake (Bunt Recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened at room temp
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat over to 300 f.
1. Start by mixing butter and cream cheese together. Make sure the cream cheese and butter are softened or it will not mix right. I always just throw mine in the microwave for twenty seconds because I don’t have time to wait all day on softening butters and creams. Food Scales can make measuring the cream cheese simple and easy if you buy it in bulk or in the tubs. I just buy the 8oz rectangle packages and throw it in the bowl after Ive had it out for a couple of hours.
If you are using a kitchen aid you can easily add each ingredient slowly one by one to you metal mixing bowl until the entire cake is mixed well.
2. Add remaining ingredients one by one. Make sure to add the flour very last. Mix for two to three minutes.
3. Pour batter in a bunt cake pan that is well sprayed with Baking Pam. I have found that Baking Pam works better than anything when making any cakes.
4. Bake at 300 F. for 1 Hour and 40 Minutes.
5. Let cool for twenty minutes. Cake dries out fast so make sure you cover it as soon as possible.
Please share this Pinterest friendly image of this recipe with your friends and family or save it to use for later.